Access to the Arts
The Pocono Mountains Music Festival believes that the arts should be a part of the lives of all families.
As part of our Access to the Arts program, we are proud to donate 10% of our tickets to families that participate in the National School Lunch Program in local area school districts. These school districts include:*
- East Stroudsburg School District
- Pocono Mountain School District
- Stroudsburg School District
*As of April 2018
Did you receive a code from your school to participate in 2018?
We are lucky to be part of a community that is thriving in the arts.
The Pocono Mountains Music Festival is proud to be a member of the Pocono Mountains region and we’re not alone. We are one of many tremendous arts non-profit organizations proud to call it home. For the 2018 Season, we are excited to partner with the following arts non-profit organizations* to spread the word about each organization’s tremendous programming:
- The Friendly Community Center: The Friendly Community Center’s Mission is to provide programs and services to adults, caregivers and families that will help them “Stay Healthy, Keep Fit and Have Fun” by providing opportunities for people of all abilities, from active adults to the frail elderly – as well as our community at large — to participate in social, recreational, health and fitness, arts and humanities, and lifelong learning activities. The FCC offers a variety of engaging programs including Chair Yoga, Cardio Sculpt, Qi Gong, Art Classes as well as learning opportunities from Backyard topics to Safe Driving. Important services such as Medicare Counseling, Music Therapy for Persons living with dementia and monthly blood pressure checks are brought closer to the people that need them. The Friendly Community Center is located at 6683 Route 191 in Mountainhome. For a complete listing of our programs, visit www.thefriendlycommunitycenter.org or call 570.481.4330 for details.
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic: Offering concerts in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic is a professional orchestra well-known for its high performance standards. The Philharmonic’s 2018-19 Season includes the very best of Masterworks, Pops, Holiday, and chamber repertoire. For more information, visit www.nepaphil.org.
- Pocono Arts Council: Enjoy Arts & Crafts Festivals, studio classes, and exhibitions in the ArtSpace Gallery. For more information, visit www.poconoarts.org.
- Pocono Cinema and Cultural Center: The Pocono Cinema and Cultural Center is a three screen movie theater located in downtown East Stroudsburg PA. In addition to showing new and classic movies on our HD Digital Projectors, PC3 brings in high quality live entertainment as well. Ranging from comedy to Broadway, our live entertainment never disappoints! Come see a movie, catch a live show, visit our art gallery or just stop in to enjoy fresh coffee, baked goods, and popcorn from our cafe. For more information, visit www.pococinema.org.
- Pocono Mountain Theater Company: Established by former Rattlestick Managing Director, Brian Long, PMTC is a newly established regional theater company committed to the development and production of diverse new works by American artists, both local and national; to cultivate and develop audiences to support the future patronage of American theater; and to provide a positive collaborative impact to the community, both culturally and financially. www.poconomountainstheatercompany.org
- Theatrical Gems: Just about to start their 7th season this August, Theatrical Gems is an award winning non-profit theatre company dedicated to presenting professional-quality in Cresco, the heart of Barrett Township. Each year Theatrical Gems produces musicals, plays, special event concerts and original works by local playwrights, and has been awarded the BEST MUSICAL award by the Northeast Pennsylvania Theatrical Alliance 4 out of the last 5 years. In their 6 years Theatrical Gems has worked with over 100 local actors, musicians, and crew members, as well as students from all local school districts, providing a home where they can nurture and embrace their art. In addition to their work in the Poconos, Theatrical Gems also produces original works in New York City, including this summer’s world premiere production of A Hand Across the Bridge at the Flamboyan Theatre off-Broadway, a part of Planet Connections Festivity. For more information, visit www.theatricalgems.org.
Not For Profit Program
We believe that the arts help build a stronger, more connected community.
The Pocono Mountains Music Festival is proud to offer discounted tickets, for select performances, to groups identified as local not-for-profit agencies in Monroe County. These organizations include,* but are not limited to:
*As of June 2018